Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Tucson Az Jan. '06??


I've decided that I really need to go Tucson in Jan. to the Aqua Caliente(see link) race/ride being put on by a guy I know named Dejay Birtch....actually, really want to go to the "Edward 40 Hands" contest....now thats a CONTEST, duct tape 40oz bottles of beer in each hand and drink.....the race will just be something to do.........throw in a day on the slopes with the snowboard and it will be a stellar kamikaze style rowadtrip....time to get off my fat ass and start riding the trainer, as well as commuting.......picked up a trek 800 and a specialeyesd crossroads hybrid at the local thrift store this evening for $5 apiece.....the xroads will be my winter singlespeed commuter....pics to follow.....the ice is gettin good and thick on the lakes, will be out icefishing in a couple of weeeeeks!...some crazies r out now on 2-4 inches of ice...to thin for me; literally and figuratively...haha.....gonna go kill me some pheasants on Dec. 17th as a pre-birthday(on 18th) celebration, shotguns, beers, & birds....feel free to join the fun!....been trying to call the gf but not getting through....shes probably in bed, suffering from a bad cold I gave when I was sick earlier this week.....in case you haven't noticed I took after simmons and have my 'random blog' mode on this evening....might try and go kill me some birds Sunday morning before work, see how I'm feeling...."good night Johnboy".

2 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Trek is making the track frames right now. I just passed by an entire rack of unpainted ones...

Save up your pennies, they should be available soon!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Brooks Leedahl said...

Who unscrews the tops to the 40's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home