Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Love you Grandma

On a sad note, while I was away my Grandmother Edith Sears pasted away Friday August 11th, 2006 at the age of 92.......I have pictures of her bicycle loaded for a touring trip of New Mexico during 1953; she attended the U. of Minn. in 1930, and got her Masters in Music Education at Columbia University in New York City in 1934. She gave her last piano recital on August 8th 2006.....truly a woman ahead of her time......God Bless You.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Simmons said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Dave. Sounds like she was a great Grandma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home