Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday TR ride

Well, tonight it seemed the weekly Sunday night Turtle River ride wasn't gonna happen...really windy, cloudy, rain predicted....and I have school work that needs to be done.......so, when Randy L. called and asked if I was heading out I did the responsible thing and said "yes"....the heck with school work.....well it started out nice, I did a little pre-lap ride waiting for others to show, when Randy and Steve showed up with the dog Bailey it started to sprinkle lightly......as we rode on it started to rain a little heavier.....and then it stopped......a little later it was a DOWNPOUR.....the rain was coming down so hard I could barely see, thought I lost a contact even!.........it was FUN!!!......when we decided to call it good and got back to the vechicles, sure enough, the rain stopped and the sun started to peek through.........we were soaked and muddy, but enjoying a cold beverage(gotta love the Surly tuggnut chain tenioner/bottle opener)....people missed out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home