Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Sunday, June 11, 2006

50+ miler today on my fixie 29er

Crazy; Nathan, Simmons and I hatched a plan to bike out to Turtle River State Park, enjoy the Sunday evening ride, then bike back to GF....my nipples are raw, dang bike jersey.....now I'm HIGH on life, what an absolutely wonderful HIGH I am feeling, starting to come down not though, getting tough to keep my eyes open.......one other rider met us at the park, she hung with the guys, good job lady!.........This is quite possibly the greatest experience I've had an a bike, well, a couple of weeks ago was was quite possibly the best, but that is neither here nor there......as far as actual bike riding goes, this is possibly the best.........the fixie rode wonderfully, Simmons suggested some Ergon grips, I likey!!........I am really looking forward to the rest of the summer, we think we'll ride out to TR again in two weeks.......hopefully I'll be out in Medora the first weekend of July, then, the end of July will put me at the 24 hours of 9 mile race in Wisconsin(go team), end of August will be the return of 24 hours of Afton....and now, I am seriously contemplating the 300 mile Endurosnob "ride" the first weekend of November.......the fixie makes me feel like a kid again!!.........looking forward to riding next weekend, planning on biking so much I 'blow up' because I'll be able to drive home after!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home