Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm planning on ordering a Redline Monocog 29'er on 5/19/06

I'm so excited, I had a small financial windfall recently and will be purchasing the revered Redline Monocog 29'er....I'm as giddy as a school girl!.......can't wait to convert it into a fixie, and start training to defend my ND fixed gear state championship!!!........what a week of change, new bike, new face, yes, for only the second time in approx. 12 or so years I have shaved off my goatee.....and I think I'll try the new look for awhile, the ladies at the elementary school say it makes me look ten years younger, and they seem to be smiling at me more often!!.....tomorrow I get to go bowling with the second graders, and then enjoy a picnic after; the end of the school year is starting a week early.......lol.....suppose to be a nice day....can't wait..........I started commuting this week, feels good to be on the bike!

4 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Brian said...

You should post pics of the bike when you get it built up!

And pics of you without your goatee... :)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Dave said...

That I will BA....I'm thinking of odering a Brooks saddle also, open to suggestions as to model, anyone?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Simmons said...

How'd the date go last night?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Simmons said...

How'd the date go last night?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home