Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Friday, February 02, 2007

Icebike 9 cancelled?

I'm a bit miffed that Icebike 9, which was to take place Feb. 4 in Winnipeg , is cancelled!! Not that the riding, what little bit I've been doing, is all for naught....I feel oddly disappointed. I was actually looking forward to testing myself against the projected temp. of -29C (-20.2F) ....granted, the 12.43 miles is nothing compared to what Simmons and the boys are planning on doing, all the same, it would have been a fun little adventure. They don't plan on rescheduling because of the Festival du Voyageur, which is a fun little winter celebration taking place the following couple of weekends. Oh well, guess I'll just do a little ride around here, head to work, and then watch the Stupor, I mean, Super Bowl....Go Bears!

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Simmons said...

That sucks. Definitey go for a ride around town instead. I'm surprised Kim would even let you go to a cold race like that :) Just kidding!

If for some reason I don't make it back from the Arrowhead. I leave you my Surly New single speed hub and spare Surly single speed chain rings :)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Dave said...

SAAAAAWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEET, I mean, I wish and hope you make it back Simmons!!, I swear, I really really do.

Best of luck this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home