Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lovely New York State

24hrs of 9 mile was a BLAST....the most fun I've ever had at a 24hr race!....for a great write up visit Simmons blog. I was in the LOVELY state of New York this past weekend, Aug. 10th-13th....We flew into Rochester NY, then drove to the Ithaca NY area for a wedding at Fantainebleau Inn.....absolutely a spectacular location!!!.......after arranging some private dance lessons, to prepare for this wedding, I did not get to use my new moves because they played late 80's, early 90's b*&^rock....nothing beats watching "Vanilla Ice" imitators........Kim and I had a FUN, make that a GREAT time.......I did use my dance moves later though, just no music...........I really enjoyed the terrain, similar to Minn. around the Bemidji, and Duluth areas respectively, I would love to go back and bring the bikes to go riding and then do some camping(hint, hint).............I hear that Brian A. has been in France seeking the "Landis Secret", no doubt looking to gain an edge for the upcoming 24hrs of Afton, I might be in the hurt bag, haven't been on the bike since 9mile.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Simmons said...

Sounds like a fun time. I'll have to get the whole story later :)

I've only been on the bike twice since nine mile. You'll be fine. I on the other hand might not even make it to Afton :(

I'll be up in GF this weekend. We should head out to TR.

Later

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Sounds like you had a good time in NY. Sorry to hear about your Grandma...

Simmons has time to visit GF, but no time for Afton?? ;)

I figured out the Landis secret. I'll tell you at Afton.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Simmons said...

How's the post Afton Sears? I think I'll make it down to Maplelag on Sunday. Are Kim and you still going?

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Dave said...

not sure whats going on.....I'm still thinking I might try the sport singlespeed race, if I/we make it there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home