Get on your fixed gear bicycle and ride!

I still feel that varable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear! --Henri Desgrange, L'Équipe article of 1902

Friday, April 13, 2007

Gotta LOVE spring time

I haven't updated for quite some time.....Kim and I had fun visiting Winnipeg a couple of weekends ago, we checked out the WAG and The Forks; if you are in town and want a great meal go eat at the Bistro Dansk. April 6th we went and watched the Blue Man Group How to be a Megastar 2.0 in Fargo, fun visuals, highly recommend catching one of their shows. Mike Relm opened the show. He was using the turntable and synced Napoleon Dynamite's dance scene to AC/DC's Back in Black, it was excellent!! Also, the Drew's Office Space "O face" remix was hilarious!!! When the show was over we checked out Dempsey's Irish Pub downtown on Broadway; nice place to hang out, listen to some music and attempt some Riverdance.

Oh, and today I interviewed for the resident teacher program at UND and was accepted! So, while taking grad classes for the next year I'll be a practicing Special Education teacher. The lucky school will be chosen on April 19th. I'm gonna be all interviewed out after next week!

I'm trying to decide between the new Monocog Flight 29er frame, or the purty brown of the plain jane Monocog 29er....suggestions/votes anyone?

8 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Simmons said...

Congratulations on getting into the resident teacher program. That's awesome!

What's wrong with the Monocog 29er that you already have? If I have to vote. I vote for the plain jane brown one. Steel is real, and your gonna need a comfy frame for the RedAss 300.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I've always kinda felt that the monocog I have is a bit on the small side...the new flight monocog is steel, but it has those funky sliding dropouts....I'm confilicted

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Congrats on getting into the teacher program, Dave. Kick ass!

I vote for the new Monocog 29er, simply because I like the color. :)

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Simmons said...

I'd go with a proper sized Flight 29er then. I like the green color. It would look good with a pair of those green Team Ergon grips on it. Is the weight savings significant?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Dave said...

you all swayed me....I ordered the 17" flight 29er today(4/16)...although the seat tube is 2"'s larger, the top tube length is still 23"...but now I'll be able to use a seatpost that has a set back verse the Thomson I now have with no setback....I don't know....we'll see....worst that happens is I sell it and get another.....I should have it by this Friday!!! I also ordered a Avid BB7 as a front brake!!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Thanks.....finally, UND is paying ME to go to school...will be kinda nice not to have to pay for classes!!! More $$$ for bike stuff

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Brian said...

That was sure easy to convince you to do that. :)

Did you get it today? Post pics of it once it gets built!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I won't have the bike until later this week now...communication problem with SBSupply....I certainly will post pics ASAP....getting excited, I got my 185mm Avid disc the other day, also bought Origin8(on-one mary bar copy) handles bars....and probably a new thomson seatpost

 

Post a Comment

<< Home